Monday, July 23, 2007

I Tattoo for You

I was worried that Aaron would forget all about me while he was up doing his very serious internship work, so while he was watching a movie and not paying very much attention to what I was doing I gave him a little tattoo to remember me by. He responded in kind and gave me the most beautiful unicorn tattoo I have ever seen. Yes, look closely, that's a unicorn with a rainbow and a heart. Aaron also paid special attention to the unicorn's smile.

I asked him if I was to die if he would get a tattoo of my name to remember me by. He said "No, they're ugly." I asked if he would if it was my dying wish, he replied "No, you wouldn't ask that because they're ugly." I asked, "Even if it was my dying wish? I'm dying in your arms and I ask you to get a tattoo of my name, you would say no?" Aaron's concession? Yes, but only the temporary tattoo, the type you put on with spit and only on special occassions, like my birthday or our anniversary.




Are you wondering what's up with the ugly hat? I found this hat at the SPCA sale and it made me think of Ignacius from the Confederacy of Dunces and couldn't resist buying it. It's irressitibly comfortable. I love it. Battle hates it. Anytime we leave it within his reach he attacks it.

3 comments:

Dave Y said...

Ignatius Reilly, is that you?

Nice unicorn, Aaron - you may have missed your calling in life.

Sarah H said...

In the words of Paris Hilton, "That's Hot."

Marie W said...

You captured Aaron's responses perfectly, Katy. I could HEAR the verbal bantering.