
I love Freecycle. It's such a smart idea. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Freecycle allows people to post any unwanted items they have available. If you see something that catches your eye, you contact them and it's all yours.
I've seen free couches, tables, desks, chairs, eliptical machines, toys, building supplies, fabric and clothing. I've seen two women's mountain bikes offered. Each time I responded just a little too late. So sad. A bike is what I'm really hoping for. Until then, I enjoy seeing what people have to offer. Sometimes it is the most random junk. Last week I saw someone offer two bottles of hotel shampoo. Who thinks someone wants hotel shampoo? Today someone offered a Hamster cage and lotion, together. That made me curious. Maybe they're in the animal testing business?
3 comments:
I look at craigslist a lot and sometimes I see things that are a dollar and really small, like a pair of socks or something and I think, who wants to bother posting something so they can have a dollar? And who wants to take the time to get a hold of that person, drive to their house, and pick up the item? Illogical.
Although, if I was a bum I would find a way to get on the internet and collect all that free stuff. Then the free hotel shampoo would be awesome.
i finally signed up for freecycle after I read this post. Such a great idea! it takes the awkwardness out of dumpster diving!
I listed a printer on Freecycle. It got no bites. So i guess I'll give it to goodwill
Post a Comment