
I went back to the doctor yesterday and got hooked up to the monitor. I felt like I was being hooked up to a polygraph machine. I felt so nervous I was worried I'd skew the test. My heart was beating about a million beats a minute and I had adrenaline streaming through my system. I wanted to jump up and run as far away as possible - exactly the sort of activity that is completely off limits.
Thankfully I was able to prove I was not in active labor and the baby's heart beat looked good. So after portraying a sufficient amount of penitence and promising to change my ways I was allowed on "modified bed rest" which means I'm allowed to sit up sometimes. Lame. But I'm trying to be as sedentary as I can to avoid having this baby too early.
So in two days I've finished two books and enjoyed every World Cup game. But I am NOT happy about convalescing. Yesterday I asked myself what I would like to do that I normally don't have the time to enjoy. I decided to read the Washington Post from cover to cover. I had it handy and I thought it'd be relaxing.
Unfortunately the front page story was this one. Teka Adams was nine months pregnant when an insane woman abducted her and attempted to steal her unborn child by cutting it out of her with box cutters. Ahhh!! I will now have nightmares for the rest of my life.
So paper reading for stress relief was probably not my best idea ever. Time to find something else to do. Like write really long blog posts...
5 comments:
I'm glad they let up on you a little bit. It's nice to sit up every once in a while.
You could request BBC movies from the library - that would keep you busy for a while.
I have enjoyed your blog posts lately!
I just followed the link to that story...it was the most gruesome newspaper article ever...
Those doctor visits can be rough. I HATE going to the doctor. whose taking care of the little one?
AH!! what a story. I'm glad you are allowed to sit up occasionally.
Post a Comment